The SME Loan is primarily established to assist SMEs who provide services over short term period. The loan product...
What We Finance
National Development Bank has got two types of loans, being Business loans and human capital development loan (individual loans). Under Business loans we have got standard loans that ranges from P10, 000 up to P60 Million. Individual loans have got four fast track loans, namely Ntlhatlosa Kwa Morakeng, Temo Bokamoso, Bonno home loan and Nthuta school fees loan.
Information on insurance services covering NDB loans
The Bank provides insurance services for Business loans Human capital or indivuals loans, Such as Credit life and Insurance against natural disasters. Contact branches for the latest developments and insurance options
- Nthuta School Fees loan
- Temo Bokamoso
Type of Insurance
- Natural Hazards (Compulsory)
- Mortgage Protection (Optional)
Business Loans: Applicable for customers acquiring business loans.
Type of Insurance
- Asset Insurance
- Contractors All Risk
- Required for all applicants under Tender Financing. The insurance covers, third party, raw materials on site, existing property and plant and machinery; against damage and theft.
- Business Interruptions
- Goods In Transit/Marine (Freight) Insurance: This insurance covers physical and damage/loss of goods during transportation.
This insurance covers the following:
- Disabilities against Key person or applicant
- Loss of employment (only covers instalments for a period of 6 months)
Insurance Against Natural Hazards For Assets
This insurance covers damage to property against natural disasters such as floods, earthquakes, and fire.
The insurance covers Fines and Penalty for late submission or payment where the issuer has not been able to release funds after goods or services rendered.
Where the customer provides transport for goods to be delivered to the Issuer, an insurance cover should be undertaken. This is to guard against such things as public liability, fire, theft etc.
Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme (Acgs)
The Agricultural Credit Guarantee Scheme was established by the Government in 1986, as an insurance cover to assist all dry –land (rain fed) arable farmers, against natural hazards associated with crop farming such as drought, floods and frost. The decision to apply the ACGS on any particular year is made by Government after assessment of the crop production for a particular year. The criteria for disbursing the funds under the Scheme are as follows:
- The farmers should have enrolled for the Scheme for that ploughing season. Qualifying farmers are those who obtained agricultural loans for seasonal inputs (for example Seeds, tractor fuel, fertilizers); and those who obtained loans for farming machinery and implements.
- To enrol in the Scheme, the farmer pays 5% of the annual instalment as premium; the Bank also assists the farmer by paying the other 5% premium. The combined premium (10%) is paid by the Government.
- The farmer only benefits from the crop protection cover when the Government (the President) has declared the ploughing season as a drought year.
- When a drought year is declared, the Government assists all farmers that have enrolled in Scheme and are up-to-date with payment of premiums. The government pays 85% of the instalment due for that year.
Property Valuations and related services
To strengthen and facilitate smooth operations, The Bank has its preferred valuers to carry out valuation of asserts offered as security.
Below is the list * please note that the Bank reviews valuers form time to time, therefore, it is important to always check with your sales executive for the latest valuers.
Willy Kathurima Associates (Pty) Ltd
Tel: 3162895, 3162896, 3162897,312898
Kwena Properties (Pty) Ltd
Private Bag 0099
Tel: 3903250, Fax 3903251
Private Bag F241
Apex Properties (Pty) Ltd
Space and Place (Pty) Ltd
More Property Valuers ( Pty) Ltd
Plot 6398/4, Lejara Road, Broadhurst, Gaborone
Please call any of these numbers below to report any fraudulent activity...
These are testimonies from individuals and business owners who through the assistance of the NDB have managed to start successful businesses and created sustainable jobs for Batswana.